Thank you to all that joined us at our Cybersecurity Executive Session this past Thursday. It was an amazing event with great discussion from industry leaders.
A huge thank you to our presenting partners: MassBay Community College, Alert Logic, Sentinel One and Proofpoint. As in years past, all proceeds of the event will go to support scholarships for students majoring in Cybersecurity. If you would like to make a contribution, please visit here.
When donating, please select one of the 2 following options:
- Information Security Summit Certificate Scholarship Fulltime
- Information Security Summit Certificate Scholarship Parttime
During the session, we covered a lot in a short period of time. For greater detail and reference, you can click here to view the slide presentation. Below, you will find a high-level overview of some of the key points and takeaways from the session.
1. Preparation and prevention go together
- Focus on how to “operationalize” information security to make it consistent, repeatable, and measurable
- Need to be prepared for pre-breach, breach, and post-breach
- A good defense needs the big three: people, process, and technology
- Educate your team, making them stronger and better informed
2. The need for 24/7 coverage has never been greater
- Without 24×7 coverage, you are left behind and exposed
- Hackers don’t care what time of day it is
- Automated responses will help prevent human error
3. Communicate and collaborate across your company
- HR and IT need regular communication with onboarding and offboarding
- Be on the look-out and monitor at-risk employees before it’s a problem
- By the time an employee resigns chances are they have already taken files
4. Cybersecurity Insurance in 2022 and beyond
- Requirements to obtain cyber insurance is getting more challenging by the day
- Recommended to work with a consultant who can help you navigate and decide on appropriate coverage
- Read the fine print, before an incident
- I would welcome the opportunity to review in greater detail and discuss your security challenges.